The iCARE Blood Glucose Monitoring System is intended for use in the quantitative measurement of glucose in fresh capillary whole blood from the finger and the following alternative sites: the palm, the forearm, the upper-arm, the calf and the thigh. It is intended for use by healthcare professionals and people with diabetes mellitus at home as an aid in monitoring the effectiveness of diabetes control program. It is not intended for the diagnosis of or screening for diabetes mellitus, and is not intended for use on neonates. The alternative site testing in this system can be used only during steady-state blood glucose conditions. The meter has some audible features but it is not for use by the visually impaired.
- Auto Coding – iCare Test Strips calibrate themselves, which means you get accurate results without the extra work of entering a code into the meter. Fewer steps means fewer errors.
- Long Lasting Strips – iCare Test Strips are effective for 180 days after opening its specially designed, low-humidity vials…that means the chances for error due to strip expiration are remarkably low.
- On Screen Instructions – The iCare Advanced Meter turns on automatically once a strip is inserted and guides you through the testing procedure.
- Alternate Site Testing – It is easier to test when you feel less pain, so the iCare Advanced System supports alternate site testing, so you can test in less sensitive places than your fingers.
- Small Blood Sample – A common source of testing errors is simply not drawing enough blood in the sample. The iCare Advanced Meter is effective with samples as low as 0.7μL, and that means more reliable results, not to mention less pain. Plus the strip has a confirmation window, so you can clearly see whether there is enough blood. That makes sense.
- Large Display – You want results…it should be simple to see them.
- Reuse Detector – The iCare Advanced Meter can tell if you accidentally reuse a strip, to ensure accurate results.
- Precision Technology – Better is also Better…our glucose oxidase testing technology is 97% as accurate as hospital equipment, yet is convenient for everyday use.
- 7, 15 and 30 day averages – To make it easier than ever to observe trends and manage diabetes as a condition.
We stand behind our Meter with a five-year guarantee, so you can stand for your health!
Each additional box of test strips costs $9.50 per box.
|Model Name||iCARE 200|
|Measurement Range||20 – 600 mg/dL (1.1 – 33.3 mmol/L)|
|Specimen Type||Capillary Whole Blood|
|Alternative Site Testing||YES (palm, forearm, upper arm, calf, or thigh)|
|Measuring Time||6 seconds|
|Sample Volume||0.7 μl|
|Sensivity in HCT Range||20-60%|
|Operating Conditions||10 C to 40 C (50 F to 104 F), between 10 to 85% R. H.
Altitude ≤ 3,402 m (11,161 ft) above sea level
|Storage / Delivery Conditions||– 4 to 40 C (39 F to 104 F), between 10 to 85% R. H. (Strip included).
– 20 to 50 C (-4 to 122 F) ≤ 90% R.H. (Strip excluded)
|Memory Capacity||250 test results with time and date|
|Risk Indicator||– When test within 70-120 mg/dL (3.7 – 6.9 mmol/L)
– When test ≤ 70 mg/dL (3.9 mmol/L) or > 180 mg/dL (10 mmol/L)
|Average Calculation||7, 14, 21, 28 days|
|Downloadable||YES (RS-232 port)|
|Battery Type||3V Li-battery (CR 2032) X1|
|Battery Life||1,000 times of measurements|
|Auto OFF||3 minutes without action|
|Meter Dimension||92mm(L) x 54mm(W) x 16mm(H)|
|Meter Weight||Approximate 48g (with battery)|
|Expiration for test strip||In-Use 180 days|